Sunday, May 22, 2005

Injustice.....and a nice day.

I read the saddest story 2day in the news!! This girl in Texas had anorexia the summer before her junior year, and was out getting treated for the first about 3 weeks or so. Her school has a rule that you can't win scholastic honors (i.e. valedictorian) if you aren't enrolled w/i the first 20 days of the year. Since this girl was in treatment, she didn't make the deadline, but soon after was enrolled. She's been in the school system since kindergarten and at the top of her class for just as long. Since she wasn't enrolled in time to meet the deadline however, she can't be valedictorian of her class this year. The 2nd person says the victory is hollow for him, and wants the school to reconsider. The school is offering her an honorary valedictorian title she's not sure she's going to accept. She says she doesn't need it to make her feel accomplished. You can check the whole article out at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7884243/?GT1=6542 I just think its really sad she doesn't get the title of valedictorian she really does deserve.

I think today has quite easily been one of the most gorgeous we've had all year!! It was sunny and clear and PERFECT for laying out!! With Banquet fast approaching (NEXT FRIDAY!!!), I made use of the sun's rays to try to get rid of my horrid tan lines from spring break...they're getting there. I'm nearly ready for said banquet.....i've just gotta get my dress all fixed, n its sposta b done by thursday.....definently cutting it a ltl close, i know!!

1 Comments:

Blogger John W. Sikma said...

I think I heard about this on the news, but I don't understand it. It's to complicating for my mind to handle. It was a nice day, you mean Sat? We played tennis, it was cool.

7:46 PM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home