Thursday, July 07, 2005

Before Hoffmaster

Last year, the class of 2007 started a Hoffmaster camping trip tradition. As traditions go, its actually a really good one. The 9th grade trip is a campout, and ours was great, except for the fact that it RAINED the whole night and into the next day. Due to this calamity, I took it upon myself to organize a SECOND Hoffmaster trip last summer. It was a great success, if I do say so myself!! Phil and Daryl, along with Mr. DeVries, were the chaperones. We went to the beach, played volleyball, sat around a campfire, played flashlight tag, and got dragged on exploratory expeditions by the adventurous Mr. DV. We stayed up till 4 a.m. just talking about life and everything. It was a very good time. Since we all had so much fun, it was decided that I should do another trip this year. I agreed, and set about putting it all together. I had chaperones lined up, kids called, all was as it should be. Then my adult chaperone backed out...Then my back up adult chaperone did too. This leaves me where I am now, three days before the event without an acceptable chaperone. Yes, right now I am spazzing out!!

4 Comments:

Blogger born2fly said...

When are you goin to hoffmaster again? That trip is so flippin fun!! Muskegon was the best feild trip i've ever been on. At 2 AM we walked to the beach and looked at stars...it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo amazing!! we had upper 70s and sunny skies the whole time :) and the lake wasnt all that cold either which was cool. Also chris and i caught our 1st steelhead which impressed many of our class mates (even though it was like 3 inches long and weighed like 3 oz. neways yes i must agree this trip is very fun! HAVE FUN ERIKA!

11:58 AM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger BonnieJ said...

Yay...I got on Erika's list of blogs :)

Thank-you very much! I hope your trip turns out well.

12:10 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

tons of links man... how did you get them? i still dont have any... im backwards and behind the times i know

10:19 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Erika said...

sounds like a GOOD time Abbs!!

ur welcome Bonnie!!

Scarlett, u weren't on one night so John helped just ME!!

9:57 PM, July 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home