Monday, September 26, 2005

Of Marks of Coolness

It seems to me that all great books and stuff start with Of..., hence the title of my post. Not that the topic is all that great, but its just the idea. I've been instructed to update, and even though I SHOULD be studying for my Spanish test and my Physiology test I decided to quickly write a post. I would like to write about Marks of Coolness.

Once upon a time on the first day of school a young girl named Erika decided to start a new trend at PCHS. She sat wondering what she could do, when an idea flashed across her mind. Grasping one of her brand new Bic blue pens in her hands, she ran the ink down the arm of an unsuspecting classmate.

The classmate protested, wondering what he had done to deserve such treatment. Erika airily proclaimed it to be the new Mark of Coolness, and told the young man that he should be proud of it. Pacified, he agreed to be proud of his Mark and to wear it proudly from henceforth. Erika moved throughout the rest of her day, bestowing Marks of Coolness on all whom she saw fit.

The trend spread, although not all grasped the true object of the Marks. Some saw fit to start pen wars, using the Mark as an excuse. However, the pupils at PCHS soon learned to recognize the Mark of Coolness for what it was. It was understood that Erika had started the Mark, and that as soon as she bestowed it upon you you were free to give it to whomever you liked.

Today at Plymouth if you walk through the halls you will see arms and necks and even an occasional face bearing the Mark of Coolness. The Mark has even spread beyond Plymouth to the Sikma brothers, who hopefully are helping it to spread throughout the greater Grand Rapids area. If you live far away and have no chance to get a Mark, please inform me and I shall give you an internet Mark of Coolness so you can spread the coolness around your world.

14 Comments:

Blogger scarlatti said...

erika, what you FAILED to mention, is that most of the time you gouge the person with your "cool" pen and give them much agony all in the name of coolness. i dont think its worth it. but, it is good to finally be recognized as what i am: very cool. hence, my marks of coolness are always painful and obvious... harrharr

7:35 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hmm. this sounds like an inaproppriate peer to peer behavior choice....

8:54 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Contrarian said...

Wow, I live all the way up in Canada and the Mark of Coolness is making its way here. I heard rumours that Mark of Coolness trading cards, Mark of Coolness bumper stickers, and Bic blue pens bearing Erika's name will be distributed worldwide. Congratulations Erika!

10:23 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Smart Aleck said...

For once I would have to agree with Eva.

7:33 AM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger born2fly said...

i belive several of my chirts have been baptised with the mark...which they will bear forever!

5:27 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

hey, erika, is the mark of coolness being replaced with the kick of coolness? i mean, i had a footprint on me, and i dont know why you had to go and kick me for no reason... man.

7:40 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger John W. Sikma said...

i thought your weblog was cool, but mine is better. go to jwsikma.blogspot.com!

9:53 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger John W. Sikma said...

no, actually i was going to say, I gave someone a mark of coolness, but it gave them led poisioning, and now they're dead... so i don't find the mark of coolness that great

9:54 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger scarlatti said...

youre not supposed to do it with a pencil john, gosh, even youuu should know that!!! oh, to quote john's longest comment on my blog yet : "yup thats right"
tata, im mad, see my blog comments..

3:00 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Erika said...

Scarlett, I try to avoid agony wherever possible my dear. And no, there are no kicks of coolness, sorry. And you should be more forgiving of John.

Evie, go boil your head!! I'll bet that'll be VERY appropriate peer to peer whatever it is:-)
And if I ever meet you i'll give it to you too, so you won't be sad that you don't have it.

Chaz, nice to see you!! See you guyz, if the people in CANADA have heard of the Mark it MUST be cool!! Chaz, maybe I'll even autograph one of those cards for you!!

SA and Gwen, your first mistake is agreeing with Evie!! She wants to boil my head with greek seasonings!! And plus, she's just a coconut!! I'm the famous counseler, 'member??

Abbs, what the HECK is a chirt??

John, as Scarlett said, you shouldn't have used any such lead!! Only pen will suffice. If you had followed the clearly stated rules you would have seen as much.

8:08 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Eva Lemmon..? said...

Hey, dude, I can be very coherent. I prefir the scenic route interms of beating about the bush and make you think really hard. Bt still, some teacher of mine said that the ink was bad for you, ask the chemicles leach into you bloodstream.

10:44 PM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a poet, I don't have the experince of writing short stories.
In fact, I hate writing.

7:23 AM, September 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, I need those ten bucks. gas money.

7:28 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Erika said...

Ev, I wonder about the coherent part sometimes...but if you say so. Perhaps pen IS bad for you...but just think, it could be lead, which is even WORSE!!

Celloist...I wish I had a clue who you are!! I'm sorry you don't enjoy writing. And I'm sorry, but I can't pay you if I don't know who you are.

12:09 AM, October 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home