Monday, February 20, 2006

Tradition

This past Friday I went to see the Sikmas in Fiddler on the Roof. It was an AWESOME play, I loved it. In keeping with tradition, I did manage to get myself lost on the way. I've never been on M6 or out to the Caledonia part of town, so I guess I have a LITTLE excuse as to how I ended up going in a complete circle and using half a tank of gas. Poor Pete must cringe whenever we do something and he sees my number, calling frantically to figure out where the heck I am!! I don't know what it is, but EVERY time I manage to get lost. Me, Abbs, Lauren, and Paula (Christie, I REALLY missed you!!) arrived about 2 minutes before they were scheduled to start. Thanks to early planning we had great seats (thanks to John for getting us those tickets!!). The play was about 3 hours long, but it FLEW by. Much of the humor was stuff that us PCHS people appreciated ("as the good book says..." and "for someone who was slow of speech, he sure talked a lot!!" among other things). The rest of the play had us laughing much of the time as well ("yes, and from THOSE children come OTHER children!!" and lots more). I finally learned where Yenta-izing came from!! Yente and her matchmaking had me laughing over and over again....that would be SO much fun!! Throughout it all the amount of FUN all the kids were having was totally obvious to me. Abbs and I were both VERY jealous of their opportunity to perform in such a way. The music was great, too. The matchmaker song and the tradition one were in my head for awhile, as was the Rich Man song. The last song they sang at the very end almost brought tears to my eyes. Pete made a great Lazar Wolfe...his pillow stuffed up his shirt was hilarious. John the beggar (no, the begggar!!) and his carrot, plus the hat he held on his head made me and Paula laugh every time we saw him. The rest of the cast did a wonderful job, as well. I know I had a blast, and I've VERY glad I went!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles Jurries said...

You should have gone on Saturday night, Erika.

12:16 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger born2fly said...

lol the play was amazing. John made and amazing begggar, and pete did do an amazing job stuffing...altho lauren and i werent quite sure if he was actually stuffed till he got up close. also there makeup was nice ( i liked the wrinkles!) all in all it was very nice...esp. erikas hot actor friends!! lol jk ;)

6:30 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger scarlatti said...

omw, i so wanted to see that. o well. life is unfair.

8:37 AM, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home